by Debby Millhouse, President, CEO Inc.
One of the most effective methods of fostering a great relationship between yourself and your employees is to create a great place to work. When your employees look forward to coming into work in the morning, they are more likely to be productive and more likely to stay with your company rather than jump ship. There are several steps that you can take to create that work environment. Many of these steps represent a small monetary investment, but remember that it an investment in your employees, their loyalty and their future productivity.
Your team is what brings you success. If you put the people who work for you at the top of your list of priorities, they will be encouraged to perform at their very highest level for your company. Make your workplace somewhere that, no matter what walk of life your employees come from, they can walk through your doors and feel welcomed.
Here are some ideas to make your workplace a home away from home:
- Provide dry-cleaning pickup and delivery
- Offer career and leadership development courses
- Nominate your employees for awards and create office awards for individual performance
- Pay monthly, quarterly, and/or annual bonuses
- Provide incentive programs for employee milestones and goals met
- Hold associate dinners and parties
- Provide ongoing training