JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_9968
Title: Automation/Maintenance Tech Injection Molding
Location: Charlotte, NC
Primary Purpose Summary
For the purpose of this job description, equipment is defined as all secondary operations equipment, including assembly and lining equipment, closing machines, Vision Systems and related conveyors, including any new equipment introduced to the manufacturing process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain, diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair equipment and systems, resolving all problems.
- Design and implement basic modifications to resolve machine problems.
- Dismantle, inspect and overhaul equipment, as required by preventive maintenance program and production schedules.
- Document repair and maintenance activities and quality checks.
- Participate in new equipment design.
- Train others on job duties, including outside molders.
- Perform daily systems checks to verify all quality checks are working properly.
- Perform required housekeeping, keeping all Secondary Operations storage areas organized.
- Continuously maintain and advance skill level by attending seminars and vendor training, keeping up with current and future automation technologies.
- Working Knowledge of SQF and GMP procedures.
- Acquire and develop proficiency in machining and fabrication, including proficiency in MIG and TIG welding and drill press, lathe, milling machine, and surface grinder operation.
- Ability to work alone with minimal direct supervision.
- Acquire and develop, at acceptable rates, working knowledge of pneumatics, electronics, welding, machining, vision systems.
- Acquire and develop, at acceptable rates, an extensive knowledge of electronics, programmable logic Controllers, and vision systems through technical college level courses and supplier seminars.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Acquire and develop knowledge of measuring instruments such as a scale, micrometer, and caliper for this work.
- Acquire and develop advanced knowledge of electronics and programming of Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Acquire and develop ability to work from mechanical prints and electrical schematics.
- Ability to work with associates from all levels of the organization.
- Completion of fork truck training and the ability to operate fork trucks safely.
- High school education or equivalent.