JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_9858
Position: Commercial Account Development Beauty, Home & Personal Care-Inside Sales Manager
Location: Greater Chicago Area Preferred (Will consider other NA locations)
Join a global company and market leader to quickly and sustainably increase our sales growth within Company's B+H Division, a targeted and dedicated focus on all Company customers is necessary to truly hunt, uncover, drive and deliver the results. With this focus in mind, and to effectively target our small and medium sized accounts, the function of Commercial Account Development has been created within the Company's B+H North America Sales. This is a completely new approach to our small/medium sized accounts and how we deliver new opportunities in the Beauty, Personal Care, and Home Care markets.
This team will discover and utilize virtual and web based technologies to be on the cutting edge of new sales strategies and methodologies for these targeted customers. This leadership position will be in a dynamic and fast paced environment, challenged with formulating strategies while driving and delivering sustainable results. This position will be part of the NA Sales Leadership Team and will have key interfaces with the Company's Marketing teams to fully understand and promote all product line capabilities, and connecting them with business opportunities for sales growth.
Outlined below are two examples of the focal points associated with this new sales team focus:
- Develop and drive a comprehensive business strategy to grow small and medium sized accounts. During the first 45 days, familiarize themselves with "best practices" related to targeted sales growth results utilizing "inside sales" methodology, processes, and tools.
- Formulate and implement "hunting" execution processes and prioritization methods to build pipeline opportunities and drive growth results.
The primary purpose of this leadership role within Commercial Account Development is growth and maintenance of new and existing assigned small and medium size accounts within the Beauty, Personal Care, and Home Care segments in North America. This team provides a targeted focus utilizing remote and virtual communication technologies to identify leads, develop and/or execute planning strategies and activities with successful results to drive profitable and sustainable growth.
- Key leadership role in driving accountability for strategic growth of medium and small size customers leading to sustainable and profitable growth for the Company utilizing virtual communication channels, techniques, tools, and related processes.
- Effective leadership to develop direct reports to next career success level aligning with business needs. This includes ongoing support, communication and accountability for results achieved.
- Create, implement, and execute sales strategies related to achieving profitable growth at targeted account development customers
- Lead role in key negotiations, including planning, delivery, implementation, and complex problem solving to find profitable solutions
- Strong subject matter knowledge to support team in selling complete range of Company product portfolio.
- Act as key internal Company interface with leadership, to ensure timely and effective cross collaboration, especially with Marketing, to achieve targeted business results
- Ownership of financial results related to sales growth and profitability in assigned areas, including expense and forecasting management to budget expectations.
- Responsible for leading and driving continuous improvement initiatives to proactively align with business challenges and expectations.
- Meets with key customers when deemed appropriate, supporting account representatives/sales managers with maintaining and/or growing virtual relationships, negotiations, and closing deals that align with the Company's expectations
- Provide creative problem solving techniques that align with business strategies, talent strategies, and company Core Values.
- College or University Degree
- Preferred: MBA or comparable degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in working directly with regional accounts
- Proven track record of converting prospects to customers and growing small and medium size customers
- Proven track record of closing profitable commercial agreements
- Proven track record of direct report development and management
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Experience utilizing web based and other virtual technologies for sales growth preferred
- Proficient with web presentation tools and related relationship building technologies
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding and growth driver of assigned products knowledge and related technologies
- Strong sense of urgency and initiative for account ownership in a fast moving and evolving environment
- Strong account management and relationship building skills utilizing virtual technology tools and processes.
- Highly self-motivated and driver of results, organized, and complex problem solver
- Ability to effectively lead and manage people aligning with their strengths, aspirations, capabilities and business needs
- Ability to represent the Company, brand image and value proposal.
- Responsible for identification and driving continuous improvement initiatives toward the competitive evolution of this function to proactively align with business challenges and expectations.
- Strong financial acumen
- Demonstrate successful strategic thinking utilizing appropriate tools and methodologies
- Ability to proactively address conflicts with viable solutions
- Ability to effectively utilize MS Office and other related tools
- Minimal, dependent upon customer needs.
About CEO Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full-service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 20 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in technical, sales and executive roles with industry-leading companies.