Composite Product Engineer
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
· Coordination of product developments using thermoplastic composite with external customers, suppliers and mold makers
· Coordinate procedures, timeframes, and in process testing with technical management, and manufacturing departments.
· Development of new and improvement of thermoplastic composite products
· Overseeing the trial processes during all development phases of projects.
· Finished product and raw material selection, testing and validation, coupled with development of product formulation.
· Identify and implement new technologies to add value to product and process capability.
· Supporting customers in their validation and approval process.
· Customer assistance during product processing and final application.
· Responsible for the transfer of new projects from the design concept to the manufacturing platform.
· Analyze new designs for manufacturability, and make recommendations for improvements.
· Follow all relevant policies and procedures (Code of Conduct, 5S, Safety, ARC policies).
About the Company:
An international leader in the plastic films market is looking to expand their team due to growth in the company. They employ over 4,500 employees at over 30 production sites. For the last 60 years, they have developed products for 12 different markets and are constantly looking to innovate and capture new market space. They have brought in top talent to lead this family-owned organization and one of their biggest focuses is being environmentally conscious. Being a European company, they care for their employees and provide great health benefits.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably polymer or chemical engineering.
· A minimum of 5 -10 years’ experience in development in the thermoplastic composite industry, preferably thermoforming/ injection molding industry.
· Required experience and knowledge in thermoplastic composite part design, material selection, mechanical property investigation, processing parameters, plastic tooling design, and FMEA analysis.
· Prior experience with automotive Tier1 supplier is desired.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
· Extensive knowledge of thermoplastic composites with natural and mineral content.
· Basic CAD and assembly drawing proficiency.
· Knowledge of tooling and fixture design.
· Understands aspects of plastics from part design for manufacturability to process parameters for injection molding, thermoforming and related processes.
· Experience with post processing equipment and machining methods.
· Working knowledge of customer PPAP preparation and ISO TS/16949 requirements.
· Ability to identify root causes and associated solutions
· Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
· Competency in MS Word, Excel, and Access required
· Domestic and International travel required
About the area:
The city of La Porte, IN was first settled in 1830 and takes its name from the French phrase for “the door.” La Porte is the second largest county in the state of Indiana. It is situated in a very historic and picturesque area of the country, surrounded by several large lakes. It is only an hour drive to the Chicago Loop and the larger cities of South Bend and Elkhart, IN. The city boasts a great art and music community and downtown farmers market as well as museums and art galleries. If you enjoy the outdoors, they have several golf courses, outdoor festivals and many bicycle trails. The maple city Grand Prix is held every year in La Porte for three days of racing F1 and F-light boats.
About CEO Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full-service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 20 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in technical, sales and executive roles with industry-leading companies.
For further information, please email us at Brianna@CEOInc.com, or call 704-369-3201. You may also visit us at www.ceoinc.com.