JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_9697
Title: Engineering Services Manager
This role has leadership responsibility for various shared services within the Engineering department. Some of these services include mechanical design, Intellectual property liaison, Engineering IT (Design Software, Analysis tools, Engineering Product Lifecycle Management, etc.), Product Documentation, and financial reporting for engineering. They partner cross functionally and globally to assure the highest level of process adherence, design quality, integrity and performance are maintained. They are responsible for professional development and upgrade of organizational reports. The candidate will have a level of experience and expertise that will facilitate mentoring and development of more junior engineering personnel.
About the Company:
Since the 1920s, this leading manufacturer outside the NC Triad, has continued to produce quality and innovative products. For over 40 years, they have focused their efforts on being geared towards consumer needs in three major markets- residential, commercial and flow control. Through Lean manufacturing efforts, they have increased their capacity to serve the growth of their business, allowing for significant cost reductions, enhanced quality and improved customer service. With strategic business acumen and a strong focus on innovation, they have continued to grow year over year. Because of their solid financial foundation, this Company has been able to survive recessions without layoffs, maintained strong salaries and continued to be a growing entity.
- Develop and manage Annual Budgets for Regulatory Compliance, R&D Lab Expenses and Capital Appropriations
- Prepare monthly financial reporting of engineering monthly spend to budget and develop forecast changes
- Manage and optimize current CAD and Engineering Change Control Process global service groups.
- Roadmap and implement next gen PLM tools and processes.
- Understand the various functions and processes within Product Lifecycle Management, as well as the upstream and downstream functions to evaluate and recommend policies and procedures to meet or exceed the business needs.
- Manage and optimize current IP process.
- Roadmap and implement next gen IP process
- Serve as thought leader and provide input on current and possibly future process improvements and technology needs
- Lead efforts to improve the financial impact of technical related activities
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with the internal partners (Marketing and Product Management, R&D, Supply Chain, IT and other Business Process Managers)
- Use personal network to get things done; leads, through influence the execution of broader projects and process improvements. Work as a team with other functional Business Process Managers
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders across the organization to determine business process owner and/or subject area ownership.
- Mentor and develop staff to build departmental capabilities
- 5+ years in technical design capacity (CAD design required). Demonstrated understanding of mechanical CAD methodologies and tools, GD&T tolerancing, technical specification development, manufacturing principles and their impact on design (DFM), advanced design techniques like FEA, CFD etc.
- Experience as a lead or team leader. Exercises broad management skills and provides functional expertise/knowledge to team members
- Experience with ERP, PLM, SCM solutions.
- Good understanding of Intellectual Property processes and relevance.
- Experience with business development concepts and tools for defining capability gaps, implementation and deployment strategies, business and technical architecture, and value justifications.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Proven ability to influence others, facilitate agreement among stakeholders with different interests.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to build relationships.
- Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new processes.
- Skilled knowledge of robust System Design and Development methodology
- Skilled at developing and delivering business presentations to non-technical staff and executives
- Possess thorough understanding of how other functions impact the business
- Expertise in engineering processes and responsible for their effective application and improvement.
- Demonstrated experience with Product Development Processes and disciplines.
The NC location is beautifully situated just outside the Charlotte region, which allows access to major airports, shopping and entertainment in the area. They offer strong schools systems, enriching arts and champion sports teams. To the East is the city of Winston Salem. They have a thriving retail community and choice of restaurants that rival that of larger cities. The community dates back to 1753 with a rich history in Tobacco, Textiles and Furniture. The area continues to have a thriving business community with diversity in business, a commitment to the arts and excellence in research and technology. It is in the center of the state, known as the Piedmont Triad of North Carolina, between the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Atlantic Ocean.
Education and Experience:
- BSME required
- Masters required
- Green/Black Belt Certification a plus
ABOUT CEO Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 20 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in the areas of manufacturing, finance/accounting, sales, healthcare, executive management and other disciplines with industry-leading companies. Eric Murphy is our National Practice Leader in the Advanced Composite area and has actively consulted with the top firms in the industry for the past 7 years.