Position: Field Service Engineer (Recovery Boilers – Pulp & Paper & Power)
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Description: Our Client is seeking an experienced Field Service Engineer to work out of their Charlotte, NC location. The Service Engineer serves an important role in performing service to Energy & Environmental (ENE), North America customers, including but not limited to: start-up, inspections and condition assessments, tune-ups, troubleshooting, and commissioning.
• Support and adhere to the Company's Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) goals and directives
• Perform process and field services (Primary – Recovery Boilers, Power Boilers, Evaporators)
– Inspections and condition assessments
– Tune-ups (process & emissions)
– Outage planning and execution
– Construction advising on rebuild/upgrade & capital projects
– Emergency assistance and root cause analysis
– Other services as directed (O&M procedure development, data monitoring & reporting, etc.)
• Prepare and submit detailed service reports as directed in a timely manner
• Work in team environment with other Field Service Engineers and Sales personnel
• Develop relationships with key customers and conduct service sales visits
• Generate training content and provide training services for customer requested topics and to support Company internal projects
• Assist in proposal development for upgrade and rebuild projects
• Work closely with project managers to maintain project execution and control project costs
• Support Energy and Environmental (ENE) business objectives by attending and or presenting at conferences and seminars as directed
• Support other ENE departments as required (spare parts, auxiliary products, project management, sales, etc.)
• Support an environment that promotes open and honest communication
• Prioritize and address critical and important issues or decisions in a timely manner
• Support all decisions and actions of top management
• Act in a professional manner, specifically concerning matters of ethics and issues of a confidential nature, and make every effort to promote trust
• Ensure that daily process and field service activities support the Service Strategy
• Be involved and connected to process and field service issues
• Make effective use of the collective wisdom and skills of Company employees
• Use resources wisely and with respect
• Communicate pertinent information to the appropriate level
• Scan the internal environment for feedback
• Share feedback with appropriate parties
• Promote the spirit of team work
• Actively seek out additional business opportunities
• Behave according to Company division’s global values
• Recognize and accept Company administrative requirements
• Active participation in continuous improvement process
• Other duties as determined by manager
Requirements:This position requires the candidate to be solutions oriented and a self starter that requires little direct supervision.
Experience in the Pulp & Paper industry and Chemical Recovery Boilers is a Prerequiste. Evaporation and Recaust would be helpful. Experience in the Power Generation market – Utility and Industrial Plants along with CFB and BFB boilers is preferred.
This position will require physical conditioning. The ability to stand long periods, climb stairs, lift 50 lbs, work a 12 hour shift, work in a heat intensive environment, access confined spaces, work at elevated levels, and other requirements typically presented in the operation and maintenance of a steam boiler or Pulp & Paper mill will be required.
Strong communication and excellent customer interaction skills are required.
This position will also require travel (50%) for providing service and following up with the customers on a regular basis.
The Company offers an inspired work environment and a good platform for growth. Now is an exciting time as the company is accelerating its development and offering numerous possibilities for talented people with new ideas.
Common to all 12,000 Company professionals is the promise to drive for success and move our customers’ business forward. The Company employees are known for their commitment, uncompromising attitude towards quality, and the desire to learn together. Additional information: The Company is the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. The Company’s vision is to become the global champion in serving its customers.
The Company’s services cover everything from maintenance outsourcing to mill and plant improvements and spare parts. The strong technology offering includes pulp mills, tissue, board and paper production lines, as well as power plants for bio-energy production. The Company’s advanced automation solutions range from single measurements to mill wide turnkey automation projects.
The company has over 200 years of industrial history in pulp, paper and power businesses.
The Company's net sales in 2014 were approximately $2.8 billion