JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_9682
Position: General Manager/Plant Mnanger
Location: Dallas, Texas
Our client is a global leader in developing and manufacturing high quality Additives, Compounds and Color Masterbatches for the plastics industry. Today their main focus and investments are being made in the U.S. market. Constantly increasing its activity in world markets, their mission is to provide its customers worldwide with all they need, when they need it. Through continuous expansion of sales offices and distribution, the company presently covers over 40 countries worldwide, including Europe, North America, South America, Asia and the Middle East, and has 11 major production sites in different countries. The company prides itself in its personalized service.
- Understanding of color formulation development, stabilization development, product additive enhancements, polymer modifications, and compounding process improvements.
- Work with colorant, additive and equipment suppliers to stay current with state-of-the-art technologies.
- Expertise in plastics color chemistry including relative performance of common pigments and dyes, potential interactions of colorants with resins and additives, and other usage concerns/restrictions
- Understanding of plastics color theory including spectrophotometry, light sources, and color difference measurements
- Operational experience with twin screw extruders and the supporting equipment (blenders, feeders, pelletizing, drying, etc.)
- Responsible for the accomplishment of all plant objectives including financial, safety, staffing, personnel development, quality and customer service
- Direct continuous improvement activity through Lean initiatives to increase efficiencies and reduce cost
- Coordinate short-term & long-term planning activities affecting staffing, capital, product development and personnel development
- Manage P&L decisions, budgeting, variances and COGS to meet the commitments of the business
- BS degree in chemical engineering, polymer engineering, polymer science or a related field; An MBA and direct sales experience would be a plus
- 8 or more years in direct supervision experience of a color/additives compounding operation is required
- P& L experience of $15 million or greater
- Demonstrated ability to manage daily/weekly production tasks such as issues relating to maintenance, manning, scheduling, safety & quality excellence, cost reduction & budget control
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated career growth in terms of number of direct report subordinates, including experienced doing performance appraisals, handling disciplinary issues, and hiring/terminating personnel
- Must be an individual with the highest ethical standards who is a strong communicator capable of motivating and leading individuals to achieve the team’s objectives
About CEO Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full-service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 20 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in technical, sales and executive roles with industry-leading companies.
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX Area
The Dallas/Fort Worth metro area is located in North Central Texas, overlooking the Trinity River. This energetic metropolitan center is a cultural gateway into the American West and boasts a vibrant, urban population. Home to many international corporations from many different industries, this area also is home for several excellent colleges and universities.
In and around the area there are cultural, modern art and war museums as well as the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame. With a bustling nightlife, residents are provided with a wide array of choices to enjoy such as the theatre, symphony orchestra, ballet, and opera. Nature can be found both in and outside of the city limits by visiting their highly-acclaimed zoo, beautiful botanical gardens and plenty of areas to go hiking, canoeing or play golf.