Title: Industrial Automation Engineer
Provide technical solutions to automation-related tasks including troubleshooting complex problems, determining root cause, implementation and documentation of solutions. Responsible for designing, installing, maintaining and troubleshooting automation equipment including logic controllers and HMI devices used in production equipment. Must have a broad range of knowledge and understanding of process machinery, electrical controls, instrumentation as well as mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems essential to plant and production related equipment.
About the Company:
An international leader in the plastic films market is looking to expand their team due to growth in the company. They employ over 4,500 employees at over 30 production sites. For the last 60 years, they have developed products for 12 different markets and are constantly looking to innovate and capture new market space. They have brought in top talent to lead this family-owned organization and one of their biggest focuses is being environmentally conscious. Being a European company, they care for their employees and provide great health benefits.
• Create an effective production workflow through automated machinery and equipment optimization.
• Implement complex electrical and mechanical installation support.
• Support day to day facility and production requirements to
o comply with safety regulations
o maintain machinery operating efficiency
o Improve special machinery function.
• Help create, improve, upkeep, and maintain plant wide documentation.
o Including: AutoCAD plans, PFD’s, PID’s & layouts
• Train personnel in the use and support of manufacturing equipment.
• Edit/modify/troubleshoot/create control programs on programmable devices.
o Siemens S7 and WinCC
• Install, repair and service machinery, equipment, and support systems as required.
o Examples include but are not limited to: electrical equipment from 12V to 480VAC and 5 to 600VDC distribution, Programmable logic controllers (PLC), Profibus, Profinet, Industrial Ethernet, AC and DC drives and motors, sensors, scales, cameras, HMI panels, industrial computers, transducers, power supplies
• Perform all tasks in a safe, proper, timely, and clean manor.
• Participate in the maintenance department efforts towards achieving key measures
• Adhere to relevant industry regulations and company policies and procedures
o (5S, Safety, ARC policies)
• An Associate’s Degree in Industrial Automation, Engineering Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering.
o Significant industrial experience and certification is considered.
• Have current and advanced knowledge of different programming language syntax and proprietary software for connecting, troubleshooting and optimizing production equipment including:
o Experience in Siemens S7 PLC programming, editing and troubleshooting
o Experience in Profibus, Profinet, WinCC
o Must demonstrate the ability to communicate and troubleshoot Siemens Industrial controls and drives.
o Allen Bradley experience with Statement List and Function Block programing considered.
• Able to read Mechanical Prints, Electrical schematics and blue prints
• Use of precision measuring instruments
• Additional aspects
o Minimal travel
o Capable of performing on-call service
o Capable of working overtime on short notice
o Capable of working weekends and holidays
o Capable of attending school (provided)
About the area:
The city of La Porte, IN was first settled in 1830 and takes its name from the French phrase for “the door.” La Porte is the second largest county in the state of Indiana. It is situated in a very historic and picturesque area of the country, surrounded by several large lakes. It is only an hour drive to the Chicago Loop and the larger cities of South Bend and Elkhart, IN. The city boasts a great art and music community and downtown farmers market as well as museums and art galleries. If you enjoy the outdoors, they have several golf courses, outdoor festivals and many bicycle trails. The maple city Grand Prix is held every year in La Porte for three days of racing F1 and F-light boats.
About CEO Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full-service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 20 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in technical, sales and executive roles with industry-leading companies.
For further information, please email us at Brianna@CEOInc.com, or call 704-369-3201. You may also visit us at www.ceoinc.com.