JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_10049
Lead Process Tech:
The Lead Process Tech is responsible for providing Extrusion & Thermoforming technical capabilities within the Inline department, with regards to process optimization, product specifications and technical decision making. They assist in establishing best practices in the department. They also train and apply specific company processes, machine speeds, changeover times, product specifications and customer quality requirements.
About the Company:
They are a global, family-owned corporation in Northeast, PA. They offer innovative packaging solutions that support multiple industries including: Food and Beverage, Healthcare, Chemical, Cosmetics and Custom Products. They have been in business for over a century and are committed to bringing new technology, solutions and products to meet customer demands.
The facility in PA is relatively new and maintains a very clean environment to meet the demands of Food Safety Standards. They follow lean manufacturing principles and seek a continuous improvement environment. Employees can enjoy an environment where hard work is rewarded, they promote from within and strong benefits are offered to care for you and your family. Due to the growth of the company and the plant, your opportunities for advancement are limitless.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures, set up new operating procedures as required for future department development
- Technical set up of machines to run at optimum speed, as per company benchmarks, including machine speed increases if required.
- Complete parts changeovers as per production schedule and in accordance with established procedures and timeframes and assist with tool changeovers
- Provide support to ensure machine efficiency targets are achieved (trouble-shooting)
- Assist with management of machine downtime, including breakdown & maintenance
- Prepare and check changeover trolleys, ensuring components are ready prior to tool change
- Minimize waste & scrap and record relevant data
- Co-ordinate the set up and approval of new products, as per company customer requirements
- Approve new products when required
- Carry out First Off Verifications/critical control points on Product
- Complete full quality check on product after attending any machine
- Ensure adherence to company standards by completing spot checks at machines
- Ensure all products conform to required quality standards, product quality optimization
- Detect, root cause and resolve NC/CC source efficiently and effectively, using the continuous improvement approach to problem solving
- Carry out minor maintenance tasks
- Strong technical capability, evidenced by a minimum of 12 months experience in a similar Process Technician role (preferred) and experience in Plastics/Extrusion/Thermoforming is preferred but not necessary.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Technical and Mechanical background
- Experience of Knowledge Transfer through Training of others
About the Area: Scranton, PA
The Scranton area is gaining some ground as a gateway to the Pocono Mountains, a recreational area to the north and east with skiing and watersports. Local museums focusing on industrial heritage, such as the Anthracite Complex and the Steamtown National Historic Site, are excellent models of working historic preservation and education. They have a low cost of living and strategic location relative to major eastern markets. Scranton has a small, industrial city feel and is still in close proximity to major cities being only 40 miles from the New York/ New Jersey border.
The city complex lies at the southwest end of the crescent-shaped Lackawanna River Valley where that river empties into the Susquehanna River. Surrounding the valley to the northwest and east, mountains provide protection from winds and also influence temperature and precipitation during both summer and winter. Summers are relatively cool with frequent showers and thunderstorm activity. Winter temperatures are not severe, and most precipitation occurs as rain.
About CEO, Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full-service recruitment and staffing firm, that for over 23 years has specialized in direct hire placement for senior-level sales, operational and management positions for plastics, composites, textiles and specialty chemical companies nationwide. As a CEO Company, CEO Inc., was named to the Inc.5000 “Fastest Growing Private Companies” List for 2016 and 2017, along with the Charlotte Business Journal’s “50 Fastest Growing Companies” for 2015-2016. For more information, please visit www.ceoinc.com