Maintenance Manager in Training
The Maintenance Manager in Training will train with the existing maintenance manager to learn the business and processes for a 1 year period. In the coming year, this individual will move on to manage a future plant that is being built in the next year or so. They will manage all aspects of facility maintenance and repair. The company is a large, Private Corporation in the Plastic Industry. The Maintenance Manager will be involved with leading, training and building the department.They have been serving the Food and Beverage, Household, Pharmaceutical and Automotive Markets for over 60 years. They have established their mark globally with over 150 plants worldwide. So far, their management team has been built with collaborative, hands-on team members with great tenure. This facility has been sectioned off as one of the major growth sites for the company now and in future years!
Key Functions and Experience:
- Supervising Maintenance Personnel
- Training and Developing Standard Operating Procedures
- PLC troubleshooting (programming or advanced skills are a plus.)
- Experience with Parts Inventory, utilizing a CMMS system, ordering and identifying spare parts as needed.
- Preventative Maintenance: Written PM programs and trained PM programs
- Strong Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Mechanical and Electrical skills.
- Injection Molding Experience, Preferably with Nissei- ISBM or 1-step machines.
Location: Iowa City, IA
About the Company:
A global packaging manufacturer bringing over 60 years of experience is looking to expand their team. They offer a competitive benefits package in addition to a lot of growth opportunity. Many of their products dominate the consumer marketplace in both household and food products. Their primary processes include both injection molding and blow molding. They operate in over 30 countries, have 100+ plants and over 10,000 employees.
• Preventive maintenance work is up to date (paperwork proves it)
• Inventory control of parts (maintenance part control system reflects it)
• Maintenance budget
• Down time
• Amount of Overtime
• Preferred Four year degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
• Minimum four years of work experience
• Experience with Computer Control Systems on machines
• Experience in working with hydraulic and pneumatic systems
• Hands on experience running busy engineering department
• At least 3 years of supervisory experience
• Good organizational skills
• Good leadership skills
• Thorough understanding of technical aspects of different types of equipment
*MUST BE WILLING TO MOVE TO ANOTHER COMPANY PLANT IN ONE YEAR.