JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_10076
The Maintenance Tech is an essential component to the production team helping to ensure that machines are maintained, restored and preventative maintenance is performed regularly to keep lines running safely and efficiently at all times. They are responsible for bringing excellent working knowledge in mechanical, electrical and pneumatic maintenance functions.
This Plastics Manufacturer is a 24/7 operation. This plant is one of three across the country and is privately held with over 250 employees. They pride themselves on their core values and they live them daily. They have a passion for people and they bring quality, compassion, and teamwork to all they do. They are a very giving organization that strives to reward employees, build the community around them and grow individuals inside and out.
Position Specific Essential Functions
- Able to safely perform expert maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical and/or physical structures, including the maintenance/replacement of complex motors, high voltage systems and the ability to effectively remove and replace AC/DC drives.
- Has advanced welding and fabrication skills.
- Closely follows all safety requirements and procedures at all times.
- Able to uses a variety of basic hand tools and complex tools to perform daily duties.
- Shows the appropriate level of urgency based on priorities assigned.
- Able to work use and/or effectively monitor the Programmable Logic Controller, Drive systems and Robotics at an advanced level and troubleshoot within system. Will provide some programming support.
- Understands multiple operating platforms and able to support production in them.
- Good working knowledge of the Line Computer system and may work within the control system with limited supervision.
- Works within the Computerized Maintenance Management System to record daily tasks including the shift reports, work orders, etc. in a timely and accurate fashion. Trains others in proper usage.
- Knowledge, ability to read and understand prints without supervision.
- Able to perform advanced and complex wiring/ tasks without supervision.
Inspection and Improvement
- Accurately performs advanced inspection and able to discern the root cause of equipment failures and/or need for maintenance of equipment.
- Makes advanced repairs within guidelines, leads others in larger tasks.
- Able to recognize necessary improvements to current processes and makes viable suggestions and implementation plans for those improvements and ability to carry through to completion.
- Ability to effectively train lower levels of Maintenance Techs on Essential Functions. Ability to determine the necessity of and documentation of new SOPs.
2/2/3 schedule with a 28-Day swing shift.
LOCATION: HICKORY/STATESVILLE, NC
Hickory is a small city located in western North Carolina between Charlotte and Asheville in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. The city is recognized as the economic and cultural center of the Catawba River Valley. Hickory is situated in the nation's prominent furniture manufacturing region. Hickory is served by the Charlotte/Douglas Intl. Airport. The city of Hickory has grown from a tiny town to a city with a population of over thirty-five thousand people. Recently, in the magazine, Readers Digest, Hickory was named the 10th best place to live in the United States. The city of Hickory earned it the title of an “All-American” city three times through its rich history as well as Hickory’s ability to successfully preserve its historical landmarks.
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred.
- Specialized training and/or experience as related to plastics and/or manufacturing in areas of Essential Functions, preferred.
ABOUT CEO, INC.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full service staffing firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 20 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in the areas of manufacturing and engineering, technology, finance/accounting, sales, healthcare, executive management and other disciplines with industry-leading companies. CEO Inc. offers a comprehensive approach to human capital solutions, providing permanent placement, temporary and contract solutions, along with human resources and assessment consulting services.