JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_9721
Title: Manager of Project Management
The Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating projects according to predetermined timelines and budgets. Building and managing project teams, reporting to the VP of Engineering and ensuring quality control throughout project life cycles are central to this position.
About the Company
For over 50 years, this plastic manufacturer has become a leader in the packaging market. They serve 5 primary markets including Food, Healthcare, Personal care, Household and Automotive. This company offers great advancement opportunities and employee growth.
• Manage project development from initiation to closure.
• Be accountable for project results along with project sponsor.
• Work with project sponsor and customers to complete project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing.
• Complete work breakdown structure to estimate effort required for each task.
• Provide a project schedule to identify when each task will be performed.
• Clearly communicate expectations to team members and customers.
• Act as a mediator between customers and team members.
• Resolve any issues and solve problems throughout the project life cycle.
• Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved with project change request forms.
• Determine if external consultants or contractors will be required to complete project plan. If required, recruit and manage appropriate staffing resources.
• Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to sponsor and customer.
• Lead, coach and motivate project team members on a proactive basis.
• Determine how results will be measured and complete a post-project evaluation to determine how well results were achieved.
• Develop tools and best practices for project management and executions.
• Ensure all project documents are safely archived following project completion.
• Responsible for formal sign off on all project deliverables; this will often include coordinating input and involvement from the account director and client.
• Identify, track, manage and mitigate risk on specific client engagements. Escalate these issues when necessary to ensure minimal impact on quality, budget, and timeline.
• BS degree or college diploma in business or engineering or significant industry experience and track record of success in Project Management
• 5 years work experience in project and/or marketing management.
• Masters Degree
• Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification is a major asset
• Familiarity with project management tools and/or software packages
• 5+ years’ experience managing successful customer facing project with budgets of $250k and above preferred
• 5+ years of experience managing projects utilizing general project management concepts including developing detailed plans for complex projects, with changing requirements, limited resources, and fixed deadlines
• Understanding of efficient business processes (sales, order management/logistics)
• Expertise in relationship building and relationship management; prior experience in a heavily client-focused role is strongly preferred
• A strong technical background and experience with implementing complex technical projects in large enterprise organizations is required
• Knowledge of workforce strategies developed in other sectors is an asset.
• Demonstrated leadership managing people.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
• Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments.
• Strong sense of accountability and exceptional follow-up skills
• Strong project financial management experience including budget management, variance management and earned value management to ensure overall project health.
• Excellent organization skills – particularly, the ability to effectively balance multiple projects at one time in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders.
About St. Louis, MO
The Gateway City has plenty to offer with fun, family-friendly activities, great entertainment venues and an exciting nightlife. You can relax in a cozy neighborhood cafe, tour a local brewery or take the kids on a safari adventure. Located at the crossroads of America, the St. Louis region has enjoyed influences from numerous races and nationalities. St. Louis is proud to be a melting pot, as people from all over the world have settled in and incorporated a myriad of cultural traditions into the diverse fabric of the region.
You can enjoy the sites by taking a 630-foot ride to the top of this world-famous stainless steel monument for the finest view in the city. Then stop by the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial to get a glimpse of where Lewis and Clark set out on their historic expedition. Sports fans rejoice! During the spring and summer seasons, you can cheer on our 11-time World champions the St. Louis Cardinals at the new Busch Stadium. You can also catch the St. Louis Blues heating up the ice at the Scottrade Center or watch the Rams take to the field at the Edward Jones Dome.
This city offers a rich history, a family-friendly environment and access to all the amenities of a major city.
About CEO Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full-service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 20 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in technical, sales and executive roles with industry-leading companies.
For further information, please email us at Brianna@CEOInc.com, or call 704-369-3201. You may also visit us at www.ceoinc.com.