Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, lay out and perform all bench, machine and finishing operations required to alter and condition intricately designed and constructed plastic injection molding dies and related fixtures.
- Work from special instructions to either maintain or alter molds to achieve improvements to the original design.
- Monitor mold performance and inspect own work or work performed by other tool workers.
- Operate all Toolroom machines.
- Perform difficult machine set-ups and operations that require improvising of tools and machines for adaptation beyond the normal range and capacities of available equipment.
- Instruct Toolmakers, Machinists and Technicians in the performance of their duties, including training new employees.
- Operate forklift truck and overhead crane.
- Read blue prints.
- Attend and participate in design reviews.
- Outside molder interaction and support.
- Manage mold rebuilds, various extensive engineering projects and design modifications to current and new molds.
- Support and adhere to all system procedures and Company policies / procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Follow all safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties assigned.
- Working Knowledge of SQF and GMP procedures.