JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_10384
The Plant Accountant assists the Regional Controller in all aspects of plant accounting, including cost accounting, forecasting and budgeting.
About the Company
For over 50 years, this plastic manufacturer has become a leader in the packaging market. They serve 5 primary markets including Food, Healthcare, Personal care, Household and Automotive. This company offers great advancement opportunities and employee growth.
Specific responsibilities and accountabilities for the position include:
- Ability to measure and record business transactions including: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Inventory and Fixed Assets.
- Assists in the preparation of financial reporting including: plant income statements and select balance sheet accounts in accordance with GAAP.
- Supports capital spending and capital tracking requirements.
- Measures and reports financial and non-financial information that helps management make decisions to fulfill organizational goals.
- Updates and supports standard cost systems.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned in support of the organization’s financial team.
- Internal Control & Compliance
- Facilitate internal control and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance audit activity at the plant level.
- Ability to drive profitability enhancements in manufacturing.
- 5-7 years related accounting experience manufacturing environment.
- Strong background with enterprise business software applications.
- SOX reporting experience
- Cost Accounting Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- Preferred: Master’s in Business Administration.
LOCATION: St. Louis, MO
Located on the mighty Mississippi River, St. Louis has some undeniable bragging rights. In recent years, the city’s neighborhoods and suburbs have been busy refurbishing and reinvesting in their strengths. The metropolitan St. Louis area is the 19th-largest metropolitan area in the United States with a population of 2,900,605. While having the amenities of a large city, the city also has a small town feel and a cost of living 10 percent lower than the US average.
In addition to the St. Louis Zoo, the city also operates more than 100 parks, with amenities that include sports facilities, playgrounds, concert areas, picnic areas, and lakes. Forest Park, located on the western edge of city, is the largest park in the city. St. Louis is also home to two professional sports teams: the St. Louis Cardinals, one of the most successful major league baseball clubs and the St. Louis Blues. The city is commonly identified with the Gateway Arch, part of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial in downtown St. Louis and is an ideal location looking for a good Midwest location to raise a family or to settle down.
About CEO Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full-service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 20 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in technical, sales and executive roles with industry-leading companies.