JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_10105
The Plant Accountant assists the Regional Controller in all aspects of plant accounting, including cost accounting, forecasting and budgeting.
Specific responsibilities and accountabilities for the position include:
- Ability to measure and record business transactions including: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Inventory and Fixed Assets.
- Assists in the preparation of financial reporting including: plant income statements and select balance sheet accounts in accordance with GAAP.
- Supports capital spending and capital tracking requirements.
- Measures and reports financial and non-financial information that helps management make decisions to fulfill organizational goals.
- Updates and supports standard cost systems.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned in support of the organization’s financial team.
- Internal Control & Compliance
- Facilitate internal control and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance audit activity at the plant level.
- Ability to drive profitability enhancements in manufacturing.
- 5-7 years related accounting experience manufacturing environment.
- Strong background with enterprise business software applications.
- SOX reporting experience
- Cost Accounting Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- Preferred: Master’s in Business Administration.
LOCATION: Houston, TX
From enormous sky scrapers to the NASA/Johnson Space Center, the fourth largest city in America is simply out of this world. A beautiful, scenic city, Houston has a thriving atmosphere with a vibrant arts culture, where you can see everything from modern art to Shakespearean adaptations, as well as some of the best shopping in the country. There is a plethora of delicious dining locations, vibrant nightlife destinations, and plenty of other attractions for all ages and interests. Experience Houston! For more information, visit www.houstontx.gov.
About CEO Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full-service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 20 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in technical, sales and executive roles with industry-leading companies.