JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_9840
The Plant Director is responsible for overseeing production, laboratory, maintenance and engineering, supply chain and quality management and ensuring a safe work environment for the workforce at the South Carolina site. This individual will be a key leader of the Plant reporting to the Managing Director. The processes, company vision, strategic planning and plant efficiencies will be measured and delivered by this individual. They will have an opportunity to make a direct and lasting impact on growing plant.
About the Company:
For over 5 decades, this European Compounder has continued to expand their reach on global basis. They serve 4 primary markets including Automotive, Electrical and Electronics, Packaging and Healthcare. The South Carolina location has two buildings including a recycling operation and a compounding plant. The company is Family-owned and employee-centric. They have a tremendous group of loyal employees now totaling over 1200 people around the globe.
- Plan and manage safety activity that leads to zero recordable injuries
- Review and approve all plant procedures and work practices to insure a safe work environment that would comply with OSHA standards
- Oversee initiatives that would lead to meeting all environmental requirements and present the plant as a good steward of the environment to the local community
- Drive daily production efficiency
- Manage plant resources and capacities to meet or exceed manufacturing plan as provided by sales
- Oversee supply chain process, which comprises purchasing, tolling, production planning and warehousing and logistics
- Lead the continuous improvement process of all plant related areas to improve main KPI’s
- Identify and implement initiatives to improve extrusion and auxiliary production capacities while adding value to finished goods
- Establish and enforce quality systems and agreed processes across all disciplines to deliver highest product value possible
- Work in partnership with sales and manufacturing to resolve any customer issues in an effective and timely manner
- Identify and resolve all manufacturing or quality obstacles that impact the utilization of raw materials
- Prepare and submit to management financial performance of plant and strategic initiatives to improve plant position in profit
- Identify cost drivers in all departments and implement activity to drive down cost
- Cost all process charges and future capital expenditures
- Plan operations yearly budget (costs and capex)
- Lead capex projects to ensure efficient and cost-effective realization
- Establish future local product development capabilities in cooperation with group product development department
- Carry out duties and assignments as directed by corporate management
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 10 years operations management experience (preferably plastic processing industries)
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of sound manufacturing practices and ability to lead diverse team in challenging manufacturing and quality initiatives
- Experience in fiber waste recycling and/or engineering polymer compounding technologies
- Experience in SAP desired
Location: Greenville/Spartanburg, SC Area
The manufacturing facility is situated in a perfect area that meets the needs of an urbanite all the way to the nature lover. The city has a long history centered around textile manufacturing that began around the early 1900’s. There is a large airport nearby, great school systems, shopping and affordable housing that gives you all comforts of home. Greenville/Spartanburg has much to offer from their abundance of sports teams to their beautiful waterways and museums. It is the home of Wofford College, the headquarters of Denny’s and the BMW Spartanburg factory.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full-service recruitment and staffing firm, that for over 23 years has specialized in direct hire placement for senior-level sales, operational and management positions for plastics, composites, textiles and specialty chemical companies nationwide. As a CEO Company, CEO Inc., was named to the Inc.5000 “Fastest Growing Private Companies” List for 2016 and 2017, along with the Charlotte Business Journal’s “50 Fastest Growing Companies” for 2015-2016. For more information, please visit www.ceoinc.com.