JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_9981
Position: Process Engineer- Plastics
Location: Charlotte, NC
Establish and monitor robust initial processes to ensure that efficient and quality practices are being used and cycles/output rates are optimized. Work with development team on new projects to specify and establish new equipment, tools, process and monitor process data collection and maintain process controls. Work with vendors to resolve issues. Sets high expectations for technical group and leads by example to drive improvements and obtain company objectives.
Job Elements & Position Responsibilities
* Provides training for technicians and supervisors across all shifts.
* Monitors and implements use of monitoring systems to analyze processes and establish what our capabilities are and what improvements to make to reach our full potential.
* Perform Design of Experiments.
* Utilize Statistical Process Control.
* Analyzes data to troubleshoot equipment, tools and processes. Establish process variables and tolerances.
* Establishes realistic rates on all secondary equipment.
* Monitors all processes to ensure that efficient and quality assembly and lining practices are being used and output rates are optimized.
* Implement corrective actions and follow-up on long term solutions.
* Evaluate efficiency issues. Recommend processing and/or steel change to effect repairs that would benefit the assembly and lining process.
* Helps establish productivity enhancement plans on specific machines.
* Assists in establishing productivity enhancement plans.
* Identify, specify and implement automated appraisal systems/reject reduction.
* Monitor and oversee the sampling of new and existing equipment in assigned area.
* Look for and implement cost out initiatives
* All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
* High School diploma. Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
* 10+ years’ technical experience in plastics, post molding technologies or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Computer operation skills.
* Working Knowledge of scientific molding principles
* Working Knowledge of Design of Experiments
* Familiar with six sigma tools for Continuous Improvement and Root Cause Analysis