JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_10383
Manage the performance, quality, efficiency and reliability of all molding machines in the Production Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all assigned machines are operating safely, efficiently and reliably, according to recommended operating guidelines
- Ensure quality product is being produced at all times and process is optimized to the fullest extent
- Ensure all raw materials required are available and defect free before being put into machine
- Make minor repairs to molding machines
- Assist the Plant Manager in implementing required training for Machine Operators
- Ensure good housekeeping practices are consistently followed
- Participate in Tool Design Reviews and recommend improvements to optimize molding, setup, and overall manufacturing
- Analyze and improve existing processes using SPC data, design of experiments, Six Sigma and other methods to improve manufacturing processes for cost reduction, quality improvement to increase efficiencies
- Troubleshoot molding and manufacturing processes and material issues. Work with internal and external resources to resolve molding and manufacturing issues and implement long term solutions
- Research, develop and implement manufacturing process controls, machinery modifications and improvements
The position description is not all inclusive and I may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
BS in Engineering with 2 years plastics processing experience or AS in Engineering with 5 years plastics processing experience.
• Plastic molding
• Toolmaking, Mechanical or Electric/Electronic systems
• GMP manufacturing
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Excellent problem-solving skills with attention to detail
• Proven ability to successfully train technical and other non-exempt personnel
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
• Effective time management and task/project prioritization with minimal supervision
• Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule
• Proficient with computer applications (e.g. Power Point, Excel, Access)
About the Company:
A global packaging manufacturer bringing over 60 years of experience is looking to expand their team. They offer a competitive benefits package in addition to a lot of growth opportunity. Many of their products dominate the consumer marketplace in both household and food products. Their primary processes include both injection molding and blow molding. They operate in over 30 countries, have 100+ plants and over 10,000 employees. They are rapidly growing and expanding across the U.S.
About the Area: Northwest Ohio
Lima has a rich history dating back to the 1800s with the discovery of oil in Lima in 1885. The city is at a crossroads geographically between several Midwestern cities. It has a robust past as a manufacturing center of automotive parts, neon signs, and steam locomotives. Ohio began what came to be called the "Oil Boom of Northwest Ohio." For most of its history, smokestack industries and a blue-collar work ethic defined Lima. Nothing played a bigger part in shaping the city's self-image, than its connection to railroads and railroading. As a Midwestern rail hub and home to the Lima Locomotive Works, their products carried the city's name globally for more than 70 years. The city lies roughly halfway between Toledo and Dayton and the Ottawa River flows right through it.
Lima's climate is largely reflective of the variant climate of Ohio. The region's climate can best be described as a humid continental climate. Summers are hot and humid and winters are generally cool to cold, with moderate precipitation year round.
About CEO Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full-service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 20 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in technical, sales and executive roles with industry-leading companies.