TITLE: Process Engineer
TYPICAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
Support production, laboratory and maintenance to develop, implement and achieve operations critical success factors. Contribute and support all areas in regards to equipment and process upgrades, and new installations in an effort to manufacture optimal quality films and compounds.
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
About the Company:
An international leader in the plastic films market is looking to expand their team due to growth in the company. They employ over 4,500 employees at over 30 production sites. For the last 60 years, they have developed products for 12 different markets and are constantly looking to innovate and capture new market space. They have brought in top talent to lead this family-owned organization and one of their biggest focuses is being environmentally conscious. Being a European company, they care for their employees and provide great health benefits.
PRIMARY POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct processing trials such as film extrusion, compounding, physical testing and analysis of samples along with writing technical reports of those studies
• Optimize process conditions to increase efficiency during new product launches
• Implement innovations, improvements, and cost reduction projects
• Evaluate, develop and execute a broad spectrum of projects including project planning, feasibility studies, design, cost estimation, and request for capital appropriations.
• Provide technical/engineering support to production and other plant functions
• Assists with the selection of new equipment, sets up new equipment, and trains staff in the proper operation of equipment
• Participate actively in equipment and product validations. Write and/or execute and/or report on validation protocols.
Comprehension of all relevant quality management system factors and documents that refer to the job category and the awareness by the individual of their relevance and importance. That includes but is not limited to, understanding of the Quality Policy, how the individual’s performance contributes to meeting of the Critical Success Factors and specific job category or position related procedures.
COMPANY REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
• Position holder will have a high school diploma or equivalency.
• Ability to speak and comprehend the English language as determined through appropriate testing and/or the interview process.
• Able to read and comprehend and to legibly write the English language as determined through appropriate testing and/or the interview process.
• Mathematics and reasoning skills as determined through applicable aptitude and achievement tests.
• A position in areas, such as the maintenance department where specific skills such as electrical knowledge are required, will require documented evidence of competency in those skills.
POSITION REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
• Minimum BS in Plastic Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in a Manufacturing environment within Process Engineering for Plastics / Polymers / Films/ Resin or similar manufacturer.
• Knowledge of the Lean Six Sigma quality tools in order to fully investigate root cause analysis & implement associated corrective actions in a timely manner (SPC, TQM, Process Capability, Control Charts, 5S, etc) is a plus
• Experience in assessing, evaluating, and implementing recommendations in improving processes, productivity and material utilization improvements that result in plant yield improvements is a plus.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to lead investigations and implementations of associated corrective actions relating to applicable Customer Complaints.