JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_9966
Title: Process Tech – Injection Molding
Location: Charlotte, NC
Primary Purpose Summary
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup, adjust and troubleshooting operations of all injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment. Setups to include mechanical hookups as well as water, hydraulics and electrical hookups.
- Document process by writing Maintenance and Toolroom Work Orders. Set processing parameter. Drive fork trucks.
- Communicate the status of the process to the operators and or supervisor.
- Be familiar with and operate auxiliary equipment, such as grinders, conveyors and closing machines. Clean and maintain equipment.
- To maintain the flow and quality of parts being produced, arrange work areas and setup auxiliary equipment as required.
- Setup and troubleshooting of injection molding machines and related equipment.
- Familiarity with the E.D.S. system and the ability to access information from the E.D.S. system.
- Use of O.P.M. 20 system to troubleshoot process problems and documentation of any process changes.
- Use of production process change form if the adjustments that need to be made go outside the upper of lower control limits.
- Work with the process Engineer to establish the process control limits.
- Communicate any process changes to the operator/inspector so they can perform any inspection per I.S.O. requirements.
- Communicate the status of the machines and process’s to the supervisor, operations and other technicians as needed.
- Perform daily housekeeping to provide a clean and safe work environment.
- Working Knowledge of SQF and GMP procedures.
- Requires 3-5 years of work experience and knowledge of plastic and plastic processing.
- Requires knowledge of how an injection molding machine works.
- Understand and have good knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electronics.
- Eighth grade education.