JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_9821
Applications Engineer, Composites
CEO Inc. has been engaged to actively recruit for an Applications Engineer at one of our key client companies. The company is fast-growing player in the composite industry. The organization is part of one of the worlds most respected manufactures of fibers, specialty chemicals and advanced composite products. This group both designs and manufacturers carbon reinforced composite parts and components utilizing continuous molding processes. The position will be poised for professional career development and advancement as the company continues to expand their footprint and products in the market. The organization is engaged with several large OEM’s in aerospace, automotive, transportation, etc so this role will get exposure to a variety of different industries, specifications, applications and products, working directly with new product development engineers at the OEM’s.
The Applications Engineer will be a key client-facing leader in the company by leading and actively participating with end-clients in new product development, design, product and material specifications. The Applications Engineer will support both marketing and sales through development of the product and work direct with manufacturing to transition products from design to production.
The company is offering a market competitive salary, excellent benefits and a variable incentive program based on performance. The company is also offering re-location assistance for the right individual.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Aerospace or Composite Materials Engineering is required.
- Able to clearly articulate and work direct with clients in a new product development, design and analysis capacity. Solidworks is preferred but not a requirement.
- At least 2 years of experience in composite design and/or applications engineering; ideally with thermoset matrices and carbon fiber for industrial, wind energy, transportation, automotive applications.
- Must have experience with design for manufacturability using processes such as resin transfer molding, filament winding, pultrusion, compression molding, etc.
- Must be able to work with others effectively and be able to communicate technical information with other functions that are non-technical.
This role is located in the greater Cincinnati, OH area. Recently ranked in the Top-10 Best Cities to Relocate To in the US, the Cincinnati Metro offers a lot to its residents. Noted for its “Renaissance” culture steeped in history dating back to German immigrants, Cincinnati offers some of the best restaurants, taverns and shopping in the Midwest. With amusement parks, zoos, museums and hosting 2 major professional sports franchises, things to do in the city are almost endless. Importantly, Cincinnati was also recently ranked in Forbes Top 5 of America’s Most Affordable Cities. This area is equally suited for families or singles; this area is a top pick for relocation.
ABOUT CEO Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full-service recruitment and staffing firm, that for over 22 years has specialized in direct hire placement for senior-level sales, operational and management positions for plastics, composites, textiles and specialty chemical companies nationwide. CEO Inc. was recently named to the Inc.5000 “Fastest Growing Companies” List for 2016. CEO Inc. has also been honored with the Charlotte Business Journal’s Best Places to Work Award for 4 consecutive years (2012-15) as well as their “50 Fastest Growing Companies” for 2015 and 2016. For more information, please visit www.ceoinc.com. Eric Murphy is our National Practice Leader in the Advanced Composite area and has actively consulted with the top firms in the industry for the past 8 years.