JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_9757
Title: Product Stewardship/Safety Chemist
Location: Charlotte, NC
The Product Stewardship/Safety Specialist, under the direction of the Technical Director, is responsible for ensuring that all newly launched commercial products meet specific safety, compliance, sustainability and customer acceptance criteria, which is directly linked to the success of those products once commercialized, and to the financial objectives of the business. The successful candidate will provide support to commercial, marketing, research & development, engineering and technical services functions.
- Enable product development and commercialization by performing risk assessments to identify safety issues that may complicate or prevent marketing or manufacturing of new raw materials and products. Define regulatory constraints, safe handling and storage requirements, proper disposal methods, and shipping classifications for all new materials. Approve or recommend rejection of developmental products and new raw materials based on safety, health, and compliance risks. Develop and communicate risk management alternatives for product development and manufacturing.
- Respond to customer requests for product and regulatory information as well as information on our product stewardship management system. Assist customers in understanding forthcoming and existing regulations and their relevance to our products. Balance ingredient disclosure with business confidentiality protection by understanding customer needs and releasing appropriate details. Direct customer interaction is essential so robust people skills are required.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in gaining and applying up-to-date knowledge of pertinent global chemical control regulations, toxicology data, and risk assessments, including regular monitoring of regulatory literature for changes, and seeking out industry/regulatory information to keep Global Product Regulatory current.
- Assist our MSDS authoring team to comply with government regulations and meet worldwide customer demands.
- maintain global product stewardship plans as required in support of our commitment to Responsible Care and company standards.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in product regulations and/or regulatory affairs and/or product stewardship or related fields in EHS.
- In-depth knowledge of GHS, hazard communications standard
- Strong ERP or equivalent skills preferred, especially experience with EHS modules, Global Trade Control Systems, Global Label Management and SDS creation. The ability to efficiently pull data from ERP systems is a plus; data analysis and use for continuous improvement capabilities important.
- Highly organized thinker who can effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication (English), interpersonal and networking skills.
- A team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required with a major in chemistry or biochemistry or toxicology
- Postgraduate degree would be an advantage.
About CEO Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full-service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 20 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in technical, sales and executive roles with industry-leading companies.