JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_9653
To manage the shift and direct all staff. To ensure the smooth running of the production process. To ensure that all products are produced to the specified specifications. Target and deadlines are met to achieve the orders.
- To take full responsibility of the shift in terms of management of staff, management of production and quality targets and to ensure the smooth running of the production processes
- Manage, develop and motivate direct reporting staff
- Monitor, measure and report on production related process performance, general issues
- To ensure good communication is given either verbally or written to all members of staff
- To ensure Safety rules and regulations are adhered to during the shift and all matters relating to are dealt with in accordance to policies and procedures
- To work closely with other shift supervisors to ensure production handovers are effective communications tools
- To ensure that training skills are met for current and future demands of the shift
- To have an active role in the company’s continuous improvement plan to achieve plans for future growth within the company
- Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a clean and safe workplace
- Be able to make appropriate decisions while following companies organizational structure
- Completing daily and weekly staffing schedules to make sure shift is staffing accordingly
- Writing up shift reports
- Mentoring and training up new employees
- Being involved and contributing to team meetings
- Resolving disputes between employees
About the Company
A global packaging manufacturer bringing over 60 years of experience is looking to expand their team. They offer a competitive benefits package in addition to a lot of growth opportunity. Many of their products dominate the consumer marketplace in both household and food products. Their primary processes include both injection molding and blow molding. They operate in over 30 countries, have 100+ plants and over 10,000 employees. They are rapidly growing and expanding across the U.S.
Location: Northwest Ohio
Lima has a rich history dating back to the 1800s with the discovery of oil in Lima in 1885. The city is at a crossroads geographically between several Midwestern cities. It has a robust past as a manufacturing center of automotive parts, neon signs, and steam locomotives. Ohio began what came to be called the "Oil Boom of Northwest Ohio." For most of its history, smokestack industries and a blue-collar work ethic defined Lima. Nothing played a bigger part in shaping the city's self-image, than its connection to railroads and railroading. As a Midwestern rail hub and home to the Lima Locomotive Works, their products carried the city's name globally for more than 70 years. The city lies roughly halfway between Toledo and Dayton and the Ottawa River flows right through it.
Lima's climate is largely reflective of the variant climate of Ohio. The region's climate can best be described as a humid continental climate. Summers are hot and humid and winters are generally cool to cold, with moderate precipitation year round.
- 3 years of manufacturing experience
- Experience in leading teams or supervision in manufacturing
- Injection Molding Experience
- High Energy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Unquestioned integrity
- Professional image and presentation
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Highly flexible and adaptable
- Detail-oriented with high accuracy
- Generates ideas
ABOUT CEO Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 20 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in the areas of manufacturing, finance/accounting, sales, healthcare, executive management and other disciplines with industry-leading companies. Eric Murphy is our National Practice Leader in the Advanced Composite area and has actively consulted with the top firms in the industry for the past 7 years.