JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_9715
Position: Production Supervisor – Twin Screw Extrusion
Location: Charlotte, NC
Join our team in a Production Supervisor role. This is a new plant with new twin screw extruders and auxiliary equipment with an outstanding work environment. Direct and coordinate the activities of all the production plant employees to insure they work in a safe manner, meet the daily production schedule and efficiency targets and produce in a plastic extruded complex environment to meet or exceed the customer requirements for quality and service. You must have excellent people and leadership skills. Process knowledge in:
- Twin screw extruder & supporting equipment (Waterslide/pelletizer, classifiers Loss in weigh feeders, Blenders & Dryers
- Packaging: Gaylords, super sacks, bags, drums)
- Maintenance capability required (Small hand tools is a must for this position, wrenches, screwdrivers, disassembly and reassembly of noncomplex items)
- Forklift operation/training
Provide leadership and direction for meeting and exceed OSHA safety standards throughout the plant. Create an environment that promotes the identification of safe operating behavior and equipment and initiates improvements and corrective actions on a continuous basis.
- Coach, direct, and facilitate production employees, focus on team problem solving & consensus building .
Schedule employees daily to extrusion plastic product lines.
Daily verification and data entry of production reports and employee attendance.
Train, lead, and give daily direction to employees on the safety process, the production process, and the expected product quality requirements.
- Provide leadership and direction for improving the operation of the extrusion and equipment; focus on team problem solving,
Troubleshoot process problems on the extrusion equipment, developing corrective actions and document the process changes.
Continuously monitor the extrusion equipment to insure the quality and efficiency standards are maintained.
- Analyze and interpret quality specifications for the final product.
Skills / Requirements:
- Problem solving skills i.e. 5S
Ability to identify and solve manufacturing process problems with manufacturing equipment.
Ability to interpret production schedules, priorities & quality specifications,
Concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office, ERP systems
Excellent English – verbal and written communication skills
Education / Experience:
Associate degree preferred or high school diploma with equivalent work experience.
Minimum 2 years manufacturing supervisory experience; preferred plastics or a related field
ABOUT CEO Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 20 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in the areas of manufacturing, finance/accounting, sales, healthcare, executive management and other disciplines with industry-leading companies. Eric Murphy is our National Practice Leader in the Advanced Composite area and has actively consulted with the top firms in the industry for the past 7 years.