JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_9766
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Directly Reports to: Quality Manager
Quality Engineer: The Quality Engineer develops and implements quality assurance standards, processes and controls with focus on ISO 9001-2015 and ISO/TS 16949.They also provides quality assurance systems to ensure that the company products are manufactured in accordance with product specifications and customer requirements.
About the Company:
An international leader in the plastic films market is looking to expand their team due to growth in the company. They employ over 4,500 employees at over 30 production sites. For the last 60 years, they have developed products for 12 different markets and are constantly looking to innovate and capture new market space. They have brought in top talent to lead this family-owned organization and one of their biggest focuses is being environmentally conscious. Being a European company, they care for their employees and provide great health benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide assistance to the Development and Quality Manager for projects related to research and development, production and technology, and quality control.
- Quality Management System: Maintain and develop control system for ISO 9001-2015 and ISO/TS 16949.
- Investigate, document and implement resolutions in Corrective and Preventative actions
- Good understanding of LEAN manufacturing and able to lead teams to instigate change and eliminate waste
- New product development: Create product specifications, define and check Inspection plans using trend analysis
- Develop Statistical Process Controls to optimize product quality and process performance, work with teams to implement improvements.
- Develops methods for inspection and testing of product quality, to meet Business Unit and Customer requirements.
- Provides statistical information for quality improvement by identifying testing methods and samples
- Manage customer complaints system, visit customers and ensure effective implementation of corrective actions
- Good problem solving skills, able to lead teams and ensure good problem resolution.
- Evaluate production samples and develop product testing methods
- Lead Internal Audits and participate on external audits
- Trainor of internal auditors and assist with quality training of quality and production personnel
- Support capital investment projects and business growth into new markets
About the area:
The city of La Porte, IN was first settled in 1830 and takes its name from the French phrase for “the door.” La Porte is the second largest county in the state of Indiana. It is situated in a very historic and picturesque area of the country, surrounded by several large lakes. It is only an hour drive to the Chicago Loop and the larger cities of South Bend and Elkhart, IN. The city boasts a great art and music community and downtown farmers market as well as museums and art galleries. If you enjoy the outdoors, they have several golf courses, outdoor festivals and many bicycle trails. The maple city Grand Prix is held every year in La Porte for three days of racing F1 and F-light boats.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Accredited University Degree
- Three to Five years quality system experience
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Good communication skills required, including active listening and effective speaking
- Team Oriented: Ability to demonstrate cooperation and support
- Motivating Others: Demonstrated skill in contributing to a motivating work environment
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrated ability to maintain the highest ethical standards in the work environment
- Integrity and Trust: Demonstrated skill in earning and keeping coworkers’ trust
- Customer oriented and service minded
- Strong knowledge of good manufacturing practice
- Proficient Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to lead problem solving projects
- Organizing: Demonstrated skill in organizing work, setting priorities and planning ahead required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Perseverance: Demonstrated skill in working toward goals despite encountering obstacles
- Drive for Results: Focus on and commitment to achieving outcomes required