- Coordinating and supervising all Quality Assurance activities in Production and in Laboratory to assure exceptional quality product is delivered to the customer
- Ensuring Production Process output is in compliance with customer expectations
- Being responsible for quality related communication with customers
- Ensuring production compliance with all internal and customer bottle and packaging specifications
- Measurements and Testing: measuring, recording and reporting dimensional, functional and visual attributes per internally specified requirements; maintaining optimum performance and internal calibration checks on quality related equipment and scheduling calibration of equipment requiring outside calibration; maintaining measurement database integrity
- Customer Relationship Management regarding Quality issues: working with production and customer to determine optimized process settings to assure specified requirements are met (specifically during sampling and product qualification process); hosting periodic customer visits; managing customer complaint process
- Quality System: ensuring compliance with all ISO and customer/external audit requirements; preparing and successfully completing audits
- Documentation: maintenance of customer product specifications; development and maintenance of all internal bottle and packaging specifications; monthly reporting of quality data per documented corporate procedures in emis; owner of Root Cause Analyses Process by involving relevant departments in developing appropriate corrective action response; documenting and reporting all supplier quality related issues per documented procedures; controlling and reporting all nonconformance product per documented procedures; ensuring completion of all customer required testing; reporting production quality through Certificate of Compliance as specified by customer
- Monitoring on-line testing through daily checks of SPC data entry of Machine Operators
- Being responsible for promoting quality mind set in all plant employees
- Being responsible for the control & coordination of rework with production of all nonconforming product
- Color of bottles: being responsible for color matching at each start up of bottle mold; being responsible for obtaining & maintaining customer approved color samples for each bottle
- Being responsible for Production Mold Book Process
- Ensuring that a signed acceptable color sample which has been compared to approved customer sample is provided for production line at each start up by Quality Technician
- Training and supervising all personnel performing quality testing within the quality lab and on the production floor
- Leading the Team: regularly scheduled quality staff meeting; ensuring team works together as efficiently as possible; correctly recording time and attendance of team; recruiting (with HR) new employees; performing disciplinary actions; performing annual performance evaluations; assessing training needs of staff and ensuring execution of training
A global packaging manufacturer bringing over 60 years of experience is looking to expand their team. They offer a competitive benefits package in addition to a lot of growth opportunity. Many of their products dominate the consumer marketplace in both household and food products. Their primary processes include both injection molding and blow molding. They operate in over 30 countries, have 100+ plants and over 10,000 employees.
LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH/ KY
Recently ranked in the Top-10 Best Cities to Relocate To in the US, the Cincinnati Metro offers a lot to its residents. Noted for its “Renaissance” culture steeped in history dating back to German immigrants, Cincinnati offers some of the best restaurants, taverns and shopping in the Midwest. With amusement parks, zoos, museums and hosting 2 major professional sports franchises, things to do in the city are almost endless. Importantly, Cincinnati was also recently ranked in Forbes Top 5 of America’s Most Affordable Cities. This area is equally suited for families or singles; this area is a top pick for relocation.
Your competencies and qualifications
- 4 year degree preferably in chemistry or science area or equivalent experience
- Experience with physical lab testing equipment, calipers, scales, digital height gauge and compression force testing equipment and with Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
- At least 5 years of work experience in Quality Assurance combined with a demonstrated track-record of accomplishments as a QA Manager, preferably in manufacturing environment
- Computer literate (Excel, SPC data base, Word)
- Ability to work well with other departments
- Ability to manage Customer Relations
- Being able to handle multi-task environment with excellent organizational skills
About CEO Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full-service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 20 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in technical, sales and executive roles with industry-leading companies.