Title: Sr HR Manager
Location: Roanoke, VA
About the Company
About the Company
The Company is a leading environmentally and socially progressive heavy building materials company located in the eastern United States. We are an independent, multi-regional producer of cement and other related building materials. Our products include cement, aggregate, ready-mixed concrete and fly ash beneficiation. We have a record of continuous growth since being established in 1902. We have expanded production and distribution operations into 13 countries, employing more than 5,500 people. Our products protect human life and personal property, improve the quality of life, generate economic prosperity and connect society.
This position provides professional HR support and consultation to managers and employees. In addition, the HR Representative is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success. This will be achieved through the development of recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources, and developing new, creative recruiting ideas. The HR Representative plays a critical role in ensuring we are hiring the best possible talented employees.
The ideal candidate possesses a diverse HR generalist background with a proven track record of continuous improvement.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Collaborate with executive and management teams to ensure strategic alignment of human resources goals and objectives.
- Execute the recruitment process to include:
- Development of recruitment plans, sourcing strategies, and resources.
- Job posting, phone screening, interviewing, communication with candidates and managers.
- Lead performance management efforts in the plant to include reward and recognition, conflict resolution and corrective action.
- Manage the requisition log and applicant/interview/hire reports via online database.
- Outline employee development to include planning, coordination, design, and facilitation of training programs for employees of all levels.
- Support deployment of HR programs, including performance management, salary administration and implementation, staffing, headcount planning/reporting, retention and career development.
- Ensure compliance and conformance regulation along with diversity initiatives within the organization and geographic locations.
- Mutually create service level agreement with hiring managers to ensure expectations are established and achieved. Consult with line management by providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Monitor the job market and prepare analyses and summaries of the main movements and trends.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Colleges and Universities and plan partnership activities.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analytics as required.
- Complete other special projects as needed.
- Bilingual: oral and written communication in English and Spanish.
- Strong analytical, consultancy and organizational skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Results-oriented and driven.
- Self-starter and self-directed.
- Team player.
- Flexible and able to adapt to quickly changing work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple issues concurrently.
- Have a proven high level of dedication and commitment.
- 5-7 years of experience as a Generalist or other function within HR. Title depends on experience.
- MUST HAVE UNION EXPERIENCE EITHER IN NEGOTIATIONS OR EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management, Industrial Relations or Business Management or other applicable degree.
- Minimum 3 years of HR/Recruiting experience.
- Must have an understanding of fundamental HR concepts, employment laws, contemporary HR practices and issues.
- End user expertise with MS office (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint).
- Professional HR Certification (PHR) preferred.
- Some overnight travel required.
About CEO Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full-service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 20 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in technical, sales and executive roles with industry-leading companies.