Sr. Packaging Manager
A global packaging manufacturer bringing over 60 years of experience is looking to expand their team. They offer a competitive benefits package in addition to a lot of growth opportunity. Many of their products dominate the consumer marketplace in both household and food products. Their primary processes include both injection molding and blow molding. They operate in over 30 countries, have 100+ plants and over 10,000 employees.
• Provides leadership on development projects, coordinating activities from design, to pilot tool, to production mold and into production; Responsible for mold, machine and packaging components
• Develops timelines, organizes samplings and sets priorities
• Coordinates design activities between customer and internal design
• Effectively communicate internally and externally with customers, suppliers and vendors to determine project requirements, coordinate project activities, and provides direction
• Documents key project information; Use appropriate forms and follows procedures established for project execution
• Responsible for maintaining costs on projects
• Responsible for analyzing and interpreting data and information to draw conclusions and recommended next steps; Identifies and resolves technical issues and risks to achieve project goals
• Travel – 60% to customer sites
LOCATION: ATLANTA, GEORGIA
Atlanta is the capital of, and the most populous city in the state of Georgia. As a national center for the arts, Atlanta is home to significant art museums and institutions. Atlanta hosts over 35 million visitors per year, who come to see their aquarium, their history museums and their many outdoor attractions. Atlanta has over 343 parks, nature preserves, and gardens cover 3,622 acres. Atlanta contains a notable amount of historical museums and sites, including the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site, the Atlanta Cyclorama & Civil War Museum, the World of Coca-Cola, the Carter Center and Presidential Library, and the Margaret Mitchell House and Museum, site of the writing of the best-selling novel Gone with the Wind. Atlanta’s word famous Zoo supports over 1,300 animals representing more than 220 species. For pro sports enthusiast, Atlanta is also home to three major sports teams: the Atlanta Braves of MLB, the Atlanta Hawks of the NBA, and the Atlanta Falcons of the NFL.
Your competencies and qualifications:
• Min 2 year Degree (Associates) in related field or equivalent, 4 year Degree (Bachelor) preferred
• Technical Engineering background
• 5+ years experience in a management position in production, preferably within plastics industry
• Project Management Experience
• Technical knowledge of HDPE, PP and PET resins
• Understanding of mold construction
• Capable of applying and assessing SPC/statistics
• Understanding of key features on bottle for performance and closure seal.
• Understanding of customer filling lines, distribution and consumer use
• Knowledge of bottle testing, capable of conducting dimensional and functional evaluations
• Knowledge of Packaging systems – types, costs, ordering procedures
• Health and Wellness Care Program
• Dependent Care Cost Savings Program
• Recognition programs; Promotional opportunities
• 401K Retirement Plan and excellent Matching Plan
• Medical, dental, vision plan
• Education assistance program
• Short term, long term and life insurance paid by company
• Paid vacation; paid holidays
About CEO Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full-service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 20 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in technical, sales and executive roles with industry-leading companies.