JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_9845
Title: Tooling Engineer (Injection Molding)
Location: Charlotte, NC Area
Job Elements and Position Responsibilities
The Tooling Engineer will be responsible for the refurbishment projects for customer molding and stock molding incorporating improvements where possible.
- Develop and maintain mold standards and mold documentation.
- Develop and approve tooling suppliers, new mold designs or modifications, molding processes and metrology.
- Manage mold construction, mold design review, process design, quality assurance and assembly process. Works with customer blueprints / specifications to generate design and cost feedback.
- Manage mold Refurbishment Projects. Works with Quality, Mold Shop, Design Engineers, etc. to develop best solution to quality and/or efficiency challenges.
- Ensure all product quality attributes are met and all quality systems are supported.
- Perform analysis on customer returns to determine root cause of failures or complaints.
- Assist in developing scientific molding expertise of organization through training of manufacturing management, process technicians and manufacturing associates.
- Implements process control techniques and procedures, trouble shoots and advises on injection molding processes and tooling.
- Key member of plant safety committee driving implementation of safety system.
- Co-develop budget, capital requests, and cost improvement planning.
- Support manufacturing management in lean / continuous improvement activities.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is preferred, preferably in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in mold making or tool molding environment managing tooling, mold design, mold troubleshooting, maintenance and repair.
- Understanding of CNC cutting processes and injection molding processes.
- Project management skills and training.
- Strong trouble shooting skills. Able to analyze and solve complex technical issues related to equipment, injection molds, process and product quality.
- Proficient with CAD.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints
ABOUT CEO Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 20 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in the areas of manufacturing, finance/accounting, sales, healthcare, executive management and other disciplines with industry-leading companies. Eric Murphy is our National Practice Leader in the Advanced Composite area and has actively consulted with the top firms in the industry for the past 7 years.