JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_9668
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for reaching targeted levels of cost saving through the timely, effective implementation of VA/VE initiatives. Conduct ongoing Value Analysis to identify and prioritize opportunities for new cost saving projects. Develop detailed action plans, milestones and deliverables for all projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Shall adhere to all safety, health and environmental procedures, policies and practices, and ensures that all equipment is in safe operating condition and meets or exceeds OSHA Standards.
- Comply with all QMS / EMS procedures and work instructions as it pertains to the position description.
- Lead Quarterly VAVE and Cost Reduction Forums. VAVE Event, Program Determination, Target List, Analysis of Target Programs, VAVE Forum, Suggestions and Execution.
- Develop detailed action plans, milestones, and deliverables for each VA/VE project.
- Implement all VA/VE projects on-tine, and to the targeted cost savings.
- Effectively coordinate Company-wide staff and related resources to implement VA/VE projects on-time and to the targeted cost saving.
- Keep others (Colleagues, Supplier Partners, Customers, etc.) effectively informed/engaged throughout each VA/VE Project.
- Participate in Product Design Reviews and provide insight into the product design to minimize cost while meeting performance and appearance requirements.
- Provide insight and recommendations to the Purchasing, Engineering and Manufacturing Departments regarding the Engineering Bill of Material to insure that the material selection is optimized.
- Provide feedback, lessons learned, and other guidance to the Project Engineers, Engineering Managers, CAD designers and Test Technicians, to ensure that new product designs are as efficient as possible.
- Write CM’s and follow through to release for VAVE idea and implementation.
- Maintain PDCA list of overall VAVE’s, update Roadmap and VAVE Matrix, hold weekly PDCA conference calls and ensure efficient practical attendance and assignments for each.
- Implement VAVE and Cost Reduction systems and assist in creating new systems that will make Cost Reduction part of Company DNA.
- Performs all other functions as required; included are any work assignments relating to the efficient flow of work within Company.
- Full understanding and working knowledge of the disciplines required to manage and launch a program from concept to delivery within Company Products (Change Management, integration with Launch Teams, collaboration within various departments).
- Understand the Advanced Product Quality Planning elements for implementation and PPAP of changes that reduce cost.
- Maintain a team-oriented working environment that allows for individual differences and provides for individual growth.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Exceptionally productive, even in the absence of daily, direct supervision
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Note: Possession of a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required for all new hires in all positions.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Auto Industry
- Assisted in / responsible for the success launch of a minimum of 5 programs at OEM level
- Working knowledge of Engineering processes, Manufacturing and/or Product Engineering and Product Costing
- Understanding of APQP
- Working knowledge of VA/VE process
Physical Requirements / work environment:
The physical demands/work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to bend, stoop, crouch and stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms and keep balance.
- Ability to travel (air and ground) for extended periods of time
- Ability to walk and/or sit for extended periods of time.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds, and occasionally lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to endure heat.
- While performing the job functions of this position, the employee frequently works near powered motor vehicles, power tools, and automated assembly fixtures.