JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_9905
Vice President of Supply Chain and Distribution:
Our client, a world-class organization in Charlotte, North Carolina, is seeking an experienced supply chain and distribution executive to join their leadership team. The primary responsibility of the VP Supply Chain and Distribution is to plan and direct all aspects of the organization's supply chain policies, objectives, and initiatives. Oversees the organization's inventory, warehousing, distribution, and transportation functions.
The Vice President of Supply Chain and Distribution also coordinates with local materials managers to produce and direct production schedules, re-buys in purchasing, warehousing, distribution, logistics, and planning or activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, fill rates, and logistics delivery. Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs. Direct the movement, storage, and processing of inventory. Direct reports include Logistics Manager, CDC Warehouse Managers and Companies Material Managers
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced executive to join an established, well-respected firm with a long and storied track record of success.
- Work closely with all Company Presidents/General Managers to ensure all supply chain needs and processes meet the companies needs to support customer requirements
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality.
- Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Design or implement plant-warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as procurement, engineering, and quality assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- Diagram supply chain models to help facilitate discussions with customers.
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
- Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Analyze information about supplier performance or procurement program success.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: The VP of Supply Chain is directly and in-directly responsible for multiple levels and tiers of employees.
- Excellent understanding of supply chain operations
- Demonstrated coaching and leadership skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent understanding of IT systems & electronic communications within the distribution, logistics, & ERPs
- Organized with strong project management skills
- Good working knowledge or Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Excellent knowledge of legislation and environment pressures affecting day-to-day operations
- Ability to travel 25% of the work year
- Language Skills: Exceptional verbal and written communication skills across all levels of employment from floor associate to plant management. Must be able to effectively convey and explain concepts and function of the supply chain to team members.
- Reasoning Ability: Strong reasoning ability. Must work well with little supervision. Must be able to effectively teach the concepts involving safety, health, environmental regulations, job training, and lean manufacturing principles.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: APICS Certifications in the following areas are a plus but not mandatory:
- CSCP Certified Supply Chain Professional
- CPIM Production and Inventory Management
- CLTD Logistics, Transportation, and Distribution
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field. Business, Business Management, Business Admin, MBA, etc.
- 10+ years of distribution and logistics experience
- 2-5 years of experience in a senior management role a must
ABOUT Charlotte NC
The Charlotte, North Carolina region is composed of 16 counties, including four counties in South Carolina, with the city of Charlotte serving as the hub. Located in the heart of the Southeast, Charlotte lies within the southern Piedmont of North Carolina, along the state’s border with South Carolina. Charlotte is the largest and most accessible city between Washington, D.C., and Dallas, Texas. Due to its mid-Atlantic location, getting to Charlotte is easy from anywhere in the country or the world, hence its nickname "the International Gateway to the South."
ABOUT CEO Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 20 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in the areas of manufacturing, finance/accounting, sales, healthcare, executive management and other disciplines with industry-leading companies. CEO Inc. was recently named to the Inc.5000 “Fastest Growing Companies” List for 2016. CEO Inc. has also been honored with the Charlotte Business Journal’s Best Places to Work Award for 4 consecutive years (2012-15) as well as their “50 Fastest Growing Companies” for 2015 and 2016. For more information, please visit www.ceoinc.com
For further information, please call 704-372-4701. You may also visit us at www.ceoinc.com