JOB ID:: BHJOB8536_9763
Directs and coordinates activities for the warehouse to ensure the development of a high performing team with respect to operational discipline and positive employee relations while obtaining the warehouse requirements within the specified safety, process, cost, and quality requirements.
About the Company:
For over 40 years, this Plastic Manufacturer has been growing their product line and building a strong global footprint. They are making strides in both environmentally conscience and energy saving technologies. Within the last few years, they have relocated to a 100,000-sq. ft. facility, brought a new production line to manufacture in the USA, grown 20% year over year and added multiple positions. Due to their growth, they are looking to add to their team.
- Supervises 10+ production associates. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of department operations. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, selection, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Maintains positive employee/employer relations within the team, ensuring practices are fair, consistent and in line with our Operating Philosophy. Lead and model a positive employee culture.
- Ensures safe work practices and resolves safety issues within the team. Engages in the development and implementation of processes, behavior and culture to build world class safety performance, while ensuring compliance with all applicable OSHA and other regulatory standards.
- Implements performance management, progressive discipline, attendance practices, policies, staffing and terminations. Provides training, coaching and feedback to associates.
- Conducts daily/weekly team communications including work assignments, safety awareness and plant communications. Presents status daily at KPI meetings and conducts ongoing department meetings.
- Maintains inventory integrity and manages sequenced material flow to meet manufacturing requirements.
- Achieves stated metrics to include, but not limited to, safety, quality, service and cost. Assesses and addresses team’s performance to metrics.
- Develops and implements projects and initiatives that support the needs of the plant and business.
- Responsible for time and attendance of all associates.
- Analyze data and monitor work processes to detect trends and abnormalities. Develop and implement actions as required.
- Review and arrange total workforce needs to meet future demand requirements by coordinating addition of associates and planning appropriate levels of overtime.
- Creates and presents communications related to projects and trends to management and hourly associates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience is required; minimum of 4 years related manufacturing or warehousing experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; to write routine reports and correspondence; and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Suite of products.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Competitive Compensation Package:
- Medical and Dental Benefits within 90 days.
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
About Charlotte, NC
Charlotte is the nation’s second-largest banking center. The industry diversification, along with a world-ranked international airport, low cost of doing business and superior quality of life, lead companies to move and expand here. Manufacturing, healthcare and the energy industry are key components of the Charlotte business community. The Charlotte metro area ranks 20th nationally in metros with Fortune 500 headquarters.
As a large, growing city, Charlotte offers entertainment with professional sports teams, access to the outdoors through many greenways and hiking spots as well as a shopping and dining that challenge the best in the country.
ABOUT CEO Inc.
CEO Inc. is an award-winning, full service search firm that centers on people and is committed to finding the right fit for our candidates and clients alike. For over 20 years CEO Inc. has successfully placed top professionals in the areas of manufacturing, finance/accounting, sales, healthcare, executive management and other disciplines with industry-leading companies.